My Future Business

I remember when I was younger that I had dreamed of working for Hallmark Cards. I enjoyed buying cards and sending them out to friends. I get such a thrill out of finding a card that says exactly what I want to say. I remember when I was a college freshman (I was 15!), I was exchanging letters with a guy friend who migrated to the US. We would exchange letters 5 pages long, back to back, in yellow paper (the long, lined sheets). Then one day, I got a letter that shocked me to my bones. It was a love letter (I'm actually smiling as I write this). I was 15! He was 18. Romance is totally not in my radar. But I enjoyed his friendship and I didn't want to lose that. So, I went out in search of a card that would best express how I felt. Lo and behold, I found the perfect card in one of the bookstores in UP. It was a long message but the last portion says something like "...and it's because I value our friendship too much that I am writing this...I hope you won't see us as something other that friends..." Imagine that! What are the chances of me ever finding a card like that?!

Anyway, I no longer dream of writing cards for Hallmark. Now, I want to sell cards that I personally designed. Last weekend, I finished 5 which I made for friends who will be celebrating their birthdays this week.

This is for someone whose name obviously starts with a letter B.


A closer look. - I stamped the sentiment. I painted the letter B with acrylic and embossed with 3 layers of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel).


This one uses the same papers and techniques as the one above.


The "Enjoy Life" button is actually an epoxy sticker.


This is for a girl friend celebrating her birthday today! I sewed the button on the flower shape which I cut from kraft paper. I embossed the word "delight" using gold embossing powder.


A closer look...


This is for my colleague who celebrated her birthday last week. I stamped the words, flowers and butterfly and created layers for some dimension. I punched the edges of the 2nd layer paper with Threading Water Border Punch from Fiskars. The re was such strong demand for this puncher that I felt so lucky to have snagged one - on sale too!


I love the vibrant colors on this one. I stamped and inked the flowers and butterfly. I also created layers and added glitter for some sparkle.


A closer look on the layered elements...



Last but not least, this is for another colleague who will celebrate her birthday on Sunday. I dry-embossed the flower on Kraft paper and inked the raised image. I stamped the sentiment and wrapped a ribbon along the lower portion of the card. I so love the simplicity of this one that I am thinking of adding this to my favorite styles.



So, will you buy my cards if I start selling them?


7 comments:

Gaye said...

hi alby! dami mo ng projects! buti ka pa updated lagi ang blog mo. =D

ganda ng cards! hmmm...would i buy them? definitely! =D

Maybelle said...

Alby!!! I was wondering why your blog was for invited readers only... I missed visiting. Oh, but I like its "new" look now. Looks very crisp & neat. Your cards are something else! They're all so beautiful. Pa-teach naman ha. Btw, the paper I used for the Happy Pals LO is Fancy Pants. Cute noh???!!!

Anonymous said...

yours are smasshing esp the stamp flowers in 3d ganda --- am card challenged talaga... invest ka ng mga cuttle bug embossing folders - best din yon for cards

Freethinker said...

Well, well, well whaddya know? :-D I had the exact same dream before, about working for Hallmark Cards :-D

But your cards are more smashing than Hallmark's, Alby! And just so you know, my birthday is coming up :-D

Freethinker said...

Btw, gusto ko yung alpha stamp you used for "live...". I want one like that :-D

Unknown said...

Wow! These cards really rock, Alby!! Waaaaay better than Hallmark's.

Keep up the good work!!

A Life in Bloom
Because Life is a Blessing
Digiscraptology

Christine said...

great job on those cards! good luck on your new endeavour!