Inspiration Monday

If you dig Christine Middlecamp's Doily tutorial, then you might be interested to know she has another one up her sleeve. See her announcement here. I am so excited! I'm sure it will be another fabulous one. The little sneak peak is enough to leave me in eager anticipation. I followed her doily tutorial and I was floored by her creativity. Really inspiring! Granted that I didn't make any doily (I did buy a set - and it's still gathering dust somewhere - in my kitchen maybe?) embellishment, her tutorial inspired some of my projects, the latest of which was my last post Best of Cambodia. The layered embellishment on the upper right and lower left corners were my attempts to channel Christine Middlecamp.

 I also follow Lucy Abrams' blog. I found her through Jennifer McGuire and she is also a Hero Arts designer and a very creative cardmaker, and she's from the UK. She has a giveaway and I joined for the first time! How can I not? Lots of yummy Hero Arts goodness there. I figured if I win, I can have the prize sent to my brother in law in Scotland. He and his wife are are coming home for a vacation later this year. I can wait. If you're interested, as much as I don't want to decrease my chance of winning, click here.

Another card-maker that I love is Kathy Racoosin. She is a designer for Penny Black and SRM Stickers, and she is a very talented colorer (is that a word?). Well, she uses Copic markers to color her stampe dimages in many of her projects, and she sometimes shares step by step tutorials like in this post. What an enabler! Reading through her post now makes me want to grab my Copics and color away. Except that I  decided to leave my markers in Cavite thinking that I won't have the opportunity to color. Oh well.

Karen Russel - I am a huge fan! Stalker level. I don't know how she manages to take such amazing photos!  Taking one of her classes remains to be one of my top personal goals. A bit steep at US$400 but if it will bring me closer to taking photos as good as she does, it's definitely worth it! I love how she shares her life stories through photos. So beautiful.

I want to do this. I will do it for free, just so I can try it. I know I'll cry buckets of tears (I'm such a softie) but I also know I'll take very good photos. I need volunteers!!! Here's another great example. I want to capture real life, raw emotion, unguarded moments - things you cannot manufacture in a studio.

I also want to do travel photography like this. I want to see the beautiful world that God gave us and share it with everyone else.

I hope this inspires you all.

No comments: