Not So New Studio Calico Layouts

I made these layouts a few months back but didn't get to take photos. These were created using Studio Calico Kits. I am still trying to make a dent on my stash. I probably have almost a year's worth of unopened kits!

This one is my favorite in this set. I used the Whodunit Kit here. I thought the colors fit my photos perfectly. The photos are some of my favorite shots from our Cambodia trip. I took them while cruising the Tonle Sap. We passed by the floating village and saw the simple life of the locals. I played with color saturation and textures here and I love the outcome. Click on the photos for a bigger view.
The Simple Life

No complicated techniques here.
The Simple Life

I cut out some patterns from the paper and distressed the card to make it consistent with the "aged" look of the photos.
The Simple Life

I desaturated the photos, added textures and boosted the contrast.
The Simple Life

The next layout features our youngest doggie - Cain, our miniature poodle. Every family member deserves a layout. For this one, I used the Bibliography Kit of Studio Calico.
Puppy Love

The alpha stickers are from October Afternoon.

Puppy Love

The blue circles and lines are made from a mixture of clear tar gel and acrylic paint.
Puppy Love

The last layout features a photo of my creativity nook. This corner of our house is where I spend hours scrapping on a weekend, and I thought the Playground Kit of Studio Calico fits the photo perfectly.
Playground

I love using the Tiny Attacher  to, well, attach ribbons and trims.
Playground

No complicated techniques here. Just a bit of layered embellishments to complement the photo.
Playground

Thanks for looking!

No comments: