Race to the top 5

I scrapped like a maniac today, trying to beat the other PS ladies to be among the first five to submit an entry to Kaya 24. That's because this month's challenger, Bjay, is giving away a bonus prize through a lucky draw which will include the first five scrappers to submit an entry. The prize is a stamp collection from Studio Azul!!! So, with a 20% chance of getting picked, I rushed to make a layout right away.

It took me over 4 hours to complete this layout. It's not a complicated page, but on several occasions, I found myself at a loss on how to proceed. I really hate scrapping on a deadline (self-imposed, or otherwise). The pressure kills my creativity. LOL!

This month's challenge is all about stamping. To make it a bit more difficult, one requirement is to use one non-stamp item. I used a fabric flower which I painted with acrylic and them stamped it on cardstock. The other major requirement is to stamp on an embellishment using a regular acrylic, rubber or foam stamp.

I used Studio Calico's November kit (Fountain Square) for this layout.

Here's a closer look on the stamped images. It was so messy to use flowers. I probably won't be doing that again anytime soon.

I didn't want to further clutter the page so I decided to add a hidden journaling to tell the story of our Valentine's Day dinner.

See all the entries here.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: