News from Home

I'm currently checked in at the Holiday Inn Mimosa. The Marketing Strategy and Insights team registered for the 9th National Reseach Congress held at the Hotel Stotsenberg inside the Clark Freeport Zone.

Anyway, while having dinner just over an hour ago, I received a text message from my mom saying that their house, the house I grew up in, was ransacked this afternoon by unknown robber(s). She told me not to worry and that "God was in control." I called her right away and I thank God because He is indeed in control.

Things we are tankful for:

  1. The parents were out when it happened, along with the helper. The helper's sister who is staying with them was in school.
  2. Aiza, the helper's sister, went home at noon to grab some lunch and left around 1pm - shortly before the break in happened.
  3. My dad told my mom that he was sleepy and that he wanted to go home (they were at my tita's place). My mom thought it would be best for him to go home but instead of telling him to go, she blurted out that he could take a nap at my tita's couch. Good thing it happened that way because had my dad walked in while the break in was in progress, he could have gotten hurt. Or his blood pressure might have shot up. In any case, I am just glad they were all out.
  4. While it was obvious that the robber(s) searched the house (cabinets were ransacked!), the only things stolen were 3 watches, nothing of real monetary value - my parents are very simple people - more of sentimental value because they were all gifts; my dad's wedding ring (he felt bad about it); and some money - P1K from my mom's wallet; P500 from Aiza's piggy bank; and P20 from Irene's (the helper) wallet. My mom just withdrew money for my aunt but the robber(s) missed that along with some or her valuable jewelries.

Before we leave the house, we always pray for our safety and we always pray for our house. That's how my brother and I were brought up by our parents. Today is proof that prayer works!

I thank God that my parents are ok, a bit shaken with the discovery that the house was broken into, but otherwise ok. They've lived in that house for over 30 years and this is the first time it happened.

6 comments:

CH said...

Wow Alby! Praise God indeed. Nakakatakot but at least your loved ones were safe! Whew. I'm going to say a little prayer na rin every time I leave the house. Whew! God never lets us down talaga. :) Ingat!

Anonymous said...

buti na lang din walang tao sa bahay niyo when it happened. unlike those scary stories when even the houseowners na di naman pumapalag napapahamak pa.

have fun in mimosa and stay safe!

Nina said...

Hi, Alby! Thank God indeed! It's such a sad and traumatic thing to happen to anybody. Thank goodness walang tao sa bahay at that time and no one was hurt. You take care and am praying for the safety of your family.

*hugs*
Nina

Donna Espiritu said...

so glad wala dun parents mo and the other people in your house!

Maybelle said...

Praise God nothing bad happened to your parents and helpers. Sana di sila ma-trauma. Don't worry about the loss. Babalik din yan.

Christine said...

YIKES!!!! so glad your parents were not endangered in any way! Thank God for that blessing!

A similar scary event happened to me last night and I am so thankful that God's hand touched me!