Doodling is for everyone



I was doodling like a madman the other day, in between consumer interviews, while I was out on fieldwork. My colleauges thought I was "talented" to come up with those doodles. They didn't know I never doodled like that until I read The Doodle Formula by Adrienne Looman. Got my copy from Bookoto as usual. I read it cover to cover in one sitting. After reading, I grabbed a pen and tried it myself. Voila! I can doodle!

Some of my friends say that only someone who is "talented" can do it, that even if they read the book, they won't be able to doodle nicely. I beg to disagree. I believe that the steps shared by Adrienne in her book are so simple, anyone can actually do them. Another thing I like about the the book is that it teaches you to source inspiration from all around you. I look around our room and I see potential shapes for my doodling - picture frames, pens, wall clock, spoon, glass, toothbrush, pillow, chair, TV, lamp, etc. And don't forget words! You can doodle titles and journaling using your own handwriting.


If you love to doodle or if you want to try your hands at it but don't know how to get started, then get a copy of The Doodle Formula. Right now.


Now if you will excuse me, I've got some doodling to do.

2 comments:

Jona Panesa said...

I wanna see your doodling. I just got you tagged. Nice meeting you in person too.

Christine said...

looking forward to your doodles!! i am sure they look great!!!