My Kaya 9 Entry

I'm so happy to have an entry to this month's Kaya challenge. I almost didn't finish it. I started on it last week but I ran out of ink and paper so I couldn't print my photo. I was so busy at work this past week that I wasn't able to drop by the mall to buy my papers and ink. Finally, yesterday, I was able to buy paper and ink at SM City Bacoor. I bought these items first before heading off to the supermarket. Guess what, when I got home, I realized I left my paper and ink at the package counter!!! Good thing my hubby volunteered to drop by the supermarket on his way to his parents' house. But I had to wait for him to get back from his visit before I could start putting together my layout. That is why I finished my entry at 1:30am. Oh well!



I used a cream cardstock as base. I did a lot of cutting in this layout using the Daisy D’s and Autumn Leaves papers from the Studio Azul November Kit. I enjoyed cutting a lot but it took so much time. I added some paper flowers and bling for texture and sparkle, making me want to touch the page over and over again. For the title, I use the chipboard that came with the Studio Azul November Kit. I applied the rub-on tape that also came with the kit. I “distressed” the rub-on a bit by lightly sticking Scotch tape on the chipboard and lifting it up several times to remove portions of the design. It gave a sanded look without distressing the chipboard itself. I just wrote the other parts of the title to put emphasis on the word “WISHES.” I chose the title because I definitely have more than three wishes this year. I also used a template for my journaling block. I just erased the lines after writing my journaling.

What I love most about this layout are the flower pieces extending out of the cardstock. I had to trim the cardstock a bit so the layout would still fit a 12 x 12 page protector even with those flowers peeking out of the cardstock.

Supplies:

Cardstock – DCWV; Patterned Papers – Daisy D’s, Autumn Leaves; Flowers – Prima, Bling – K&Co.; Chipboard Letters – American Craft Thickers; Rub-on Tape – Daisy D’s; Pen – Staedler Triplus; Ink – Versa Magic; Adhesives – Glue Dots, Elmer Craft Bond; Template – The Crafter’s Workshop (Swirls and Flowers)

You can read more about my layout and also see the work of our super talented pinoyscrapbookers at the Kaya blog.

2 comments:

Christine said...

what a lovely page, Alby!! i love everything about it! definitely a winner in my book! :)

Au Lim said...

ay! ang ganda ng LO...ang ganda pa ng model! and the journaling comes straight from the heart...galeng!