Diggy and Liza

Finally, I'm sharing with you a layout I made as a Christmas gift for my Indian boss. The photo was taken on their wedding day. Diggy wore a traditional Filipino Barong, while his Filipina bride, Liza, wore an Indian Sari.

I used the November kit of Studio Azul. Actually, I've been wanting to make a layout for my boss. I have been looking for Indian inspired papers ad elements. So when the November Kit of Studio Azul was unveiled, I was so excited. I immediately knew what I would give Diggy for Christmas.

For this layout, I used Prima Paintables (which I love!!! Where can I get more?) as my main background paper. I painted it using watercolor to match the purple and green Sari of the bride. I also used Daisy D's Samara paper. Other than the purple and green which are used to match the bride's sari, the other colors you will see here are red, orange and yellow. They represent fire which is an important symbol in Indian wedding ceremonies.

Other materials used: American Crafts Thickers, Maya Road Scroll chipboard and Bazzil cardstock which are all part of the November Kit. In addition, I used Basic Grey Elements chipboard (photocorner), Prima flowers, Making Memories acrylic paint, and Rembrandt watercolor.

2 comments:

Christine said...

that is one lovely page, Alby! I am sure your boss will treasure it! I think Nette sells paintables

marjorie said...

oh wow alby! what an amazing paint job. you really should get more paintables..now u just inspired me to start using mine..