Scrapfest 4 Hangover

I still have a hangover from the super fun Scrapfest held last Saturday, October 6th.

I left home a few minutes before 7am and was in the Tomas Morato area by 8. I had a leisurely breakfast at Figaro before heading off to Max's Scout Tuazon at 9am. I thought I was a bit too early but it was a great decision as parking was quite a challenge. I got a slot right at the entrance!

Here are the highlights:
  • Did a bit of shopping
  • Had make and takes - a card, a mini and a 12 x 12
  • Met up with old friends - it was great seeing online friends face to face, specially those who live so far away and can't make it at EBs (Diane!!!)
  • Made new friends - isn't it great how scrapbooking has widened my social circle? (Liaa, Florence, Gaye, Timi, etc.)
  • Won in the raffle - ow this deserves a bit of detail
  • Witnessed the Idols battle it out - congrats CABBIE, our very talented, first ever Scrappin' Moms' Idol
  • Simply had a wonderful time
On the raffle bit, the moment I saw the prize for that particular draw, I was squealing with delight hoping that I'd get it!!! I've started collecting stamps and it would be a great addition to my still small but growing collection. I was never lucky in raffle draws so I was really hoping my stars would take a different course that day. Naughty, naughty Liza, she teased the crowd a bit by saying that the lucky winner seems to want the prize so badly. Then she said the winner is wearing glasses, and I swear, my seatmate can probably hear my heartbeat. When she said the winner is wearing brown, I was jumping off my seat!!! I can't believe it! I got the stamps!!! Check out the pic here.

Oh, and we got to honor Joanne for all the work she's done. She will be sorely missed when she moves to Aussie in a few weeks time.

Thank you Scrappin' Moms for a wonderful Scrapfest. The best of the three I've attended. More photos here courtesy of Scrappin Husband Jeff Lopez. Thanks Jeff!

1 comment:

Christine said...

WOW, Alby! Congrats on snagging a wonderful addition to your collection! :) Glad to know you had a great time at the Scrapfest