Last weekend...

I was so inspired to scrap that I finished four layouts in a day. These are easy layouts to make so I'm sure anyone can do the same. The first one was using BG June Bug papers which you can see in my last post.

Then, I opened my Stucio Calico Kit cabinet and was overwhelmed with bags and bags of unused kits. I thought it's about time to make a dent on my kits. So here I made three layouts using 2 kits. The first two was from the August Kit "Over the Rainbow".

My choice for the kit was inspired by the photo below. I love the photo and it showed four of us 30 something ladies having fun like teenagers (we're still very young at heart). The happy colors of the kit was perfect for this happy photo, and I thought the hot air balloon pattern complements the jump shot. I used a Kraft cardstock as base here and just cut patterns from the papers. No special techniques here. Just cutting and gluing.


I used foam adhesive in one of the balloons. I also doodled on the title for a stitched look.

The next one was inspired by the paper with "My Favorite Guy" printed on it. Who else will fit this paper but my hubby. Since our printers our busted, I just searched my stash for printed photos and saw this which I thought would be great for this layout. Good thing I had this printed in black and white so it works well with any color.


For this one I did a little misting. I sprayed copper mist on the chipboards for a metallic look. then I tied a crepe paper ribbon on the small chipboard for a softer touch.

The last layout was made using the "Director's Cut" Add On from the July Kit (Documentary). The papers and embellishments are travel-themed. Good thing I had prints from my Malaysia trip. I love this photo! I mounted the camera on a tripod, adjusted the aperture and shutter speed, then asked my friend (who I met in Kuala Lumpur during that trip) to help me get the right angle and release the shutter. We tried several poses and really had a great time capturing photos. This one is my favorite among the set.


When I used the alphas included in the kit, it got lost in the background. So I doodled on the alphas to make them stand out against the background. Here's a closer look.

Working with kits sure makes it a lot easier to scrap! And I love Studio Calico Kits!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: