Bright Colored Layout

I gravitate towards warm colors and earth tones when picking my patterned papers. Bright colors usually overwhelm me although I love looking at them. Basic Grey's June Bug papers are filled with bold designs and bright colors. I knew it would be challenging to use them on layouts. In fact, it took a while before I determined what to do with them. My solution: Break them up to little pieces. That's exactly what I did with this layout. Here's how.

Materials: Papers - Basic Grey June Bug (Picket Fence, Strawberry Cheesecake, Kaleidoscope, Fresco, Orchard, Apron), Rub-Ons and Bling – Basic Grey Bling It On, Ribbon – Basic Grey, Button and Bird Chipboard Stickers – Chatterbox.

Choose a base paper. I picked Strawberry Cheesecake from the June Bug line.

Then I got the Apron paper and cut it to 11 x 11. I used the back portion which is more like a distressed cardstock, since the base paper is already very colorful and busy. I distressed the edges using a paper distresser and then adhered it on top of the base.

I then got some paint and sort of made a sweeping motion with a foam brush at the bottom right portion of the paper, where I decided my title will go.

Now here's the fun part. I got my square punch and well, punched squares from different patterned papers. I distressed the edges of the small squares and lined them up in two rows to form a grid. I trimmed my picture so it would fit in the space left by the square papers.

After that, I just embellished the page with cut outs from the patterned papers, rub-ons, bling, chipboards, ribbon and of course, a bit of stamping.

Here's the layout. I used a colorful photo to go with the colorful papers.


Here's a closer look. I used the Bling It On rub-ons and matching bling to embellish the photo.

I used a blue paint to bring out the yellow title. I also used a yellow ink for the stamped journaling block.

Basic Grey products are available at My Little Attic. By the way, there's an ongoing sale at My Little Attic/Scrapbooks Hawaii. Check out the website for the MLA items.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Candy said...

Gorgeous LO, Alby! Your creative talents bring out the best in the photo! Ganda!!!

janis said...

love your layouts alby - - mapa bold and bright man o hindi. ;o)

Anonymous said...

when I saw this, I thought, "wow, Alby is evolving big time!" LOVE this, kapatid :)

make some more pa, ha.

~bjay

peata said...

sweet layout. love all that color.
scrapbook-crazy.com
.

image coloring said...

Awesome layout.
Loved it.
keep posting and also keep up the good work.
Thanks.

Regards,
image coloring

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Literature Review