I heart BG's Wisteria line

I mentioned in my previous post that Lily Kate was among my favorite BG papers. That's because I love purple and similar colors. Lilac and yellow were our wedding colors. In fact, purple is one of the hot colors in fashion this year. I probably have more tops in various shades of purple than any other color besides black and white. Needless to say, when I saw the Wisteria line of Basic Grey, I was smitten.

Here's a layout I made using some Wisteria papers. It's called "Blooms" and features photos of flowers. The layout is about my love for flowers. Fortunately for me, Ariel loves to surprise me with bouquets of flowers every now and then. By the way, did you know that Wisteria is actually a vine with flowers in shades of purple, pink or white? Beautiful! I could use one of those in our yard. :D


I think I am currently in the Stickles phase. I use Stickles in practically every project I can manage to squeeze into my busy quarter 4 schedule. Notice the stamping? Another layout staple these days. Just trying to get the ROI on my stamp purchases. LOL!

The color of the acrylic paint I used on the chipboards is Wisteria. How cool is that? The shimmery splotches on the painted chipboard is yellow shimmer mist.

Materials used:
  • Patterned Papers – Basic Grey Wisteria (Willow, Pond, Jardin)
  • Cardstock – Bazzil (Light Green)
  • Chipboard Shapes and Alphas – Bazzil Chips and Basic Grey
  • Stickles
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Shimmer mist

Here's how I made the page:
  • Distress edges of cardstock with dye ink.
  • Trim the Willow paper to 11.5 x 11. Trim the Pond paper to 11 x 10. Distress the edges with dye ink and when dry, distress the edge with an edge distresser. You can also use the edge of your scissors to do this.
  • Assemble the two patterned papers on top of the cardstock, the smallest paper on top.
  • Adhere the photos on the page.
  • Cut a rectangular piece of light green cardstock. Distress with ink and stamp with journaling lines using dye ink.
  • Paint the alpha chipboards with yellow and the shapes with wisteria acrylic paint. When dry, spray with yellow shimmer mist to add shine.
  • Assemble the journaling card, title and chipboards on the layout. Add stems using a green cord.
  • Punch the edge of Jardin paper with a scallop punch. Cut ¾ inch strip of the punched paper. Distress the edges with ink. Adhere to the page just above the photo using foam adhesive.
  • Cut a ¼ inch strip of Willow paper. Distress with dye ink and adhere on top of the scallop strip.
  • Write the journaling and add stickles for some sparkle.
Thanks for looking! Watch out for my next post for more projects using the Wisteria line.

Basic Grey Wisteria is available at My Little Attic.

4 comments:

Candy said...

Beautiful LO, Alby. Yes, that line is gorgeous, but only because your LO made it even more so.

Alby said...

Aww...thanks Candy!

Donna Espiritu said...

simply beautiful sis!

mye said...

i missed your beautiful LOs, Alby and this one is gorgeous!