Scrap All You Can!

This is a bit late, I know. "Stuff" got in the way and I was only able to take photos today. Anyway, like I said here, I finished 5 layouts and 2 cards in the 6 hours I spent at the Scrap Buffet. Here they are.


First, we were given a kit that we were required to use for a sketch challenge. There were two sketches and we can choose one or both as inspiration for layouts using the kit provided. We were required to submit only one entry. When I opened my kit, I was shocked to see the papers. they were hot pink! And there were hearts. Lots of hearts. Needless to say, the color palette is something I wouldn't pick on my own. But a challenge is a challenge and this is supposed to bring out our creativity and a chance to work outside of our comfort zone so I gave it a shot. The next challenge is choosing the photos. Fortunately, the main photo I printed for this challenge (we were given the photo requirement prior to the event) had a bit of red in it so it sort of matches the color scheme. Whew! Here it is.

The base paper I used here is double sided and the other side is also pink!
My favorite part of this layout is the clustering of hearts on the title. I mounted two of the hearts using foam adhesive for a bit of dimension. And to unify all the elements, I distressed all edges using a chalk ink. Here are the details of the hearts.


After the challenge, the buffet table was opened and this is the layout I made using the first batch of papers I took from the buffet. I used one of my favorite Sassafras papers. I also picked a sheet of embossed vellum with butterflies. I only used one butterfly here, which I adhered on top of a butterfly chipboard.

The photo is 5x7 and I desaturated it a bit and added a frame from Jessica Sprague's photo editing class. The color of the frame served as the inspiration here. I picked papers that match the orange and blue frame.


I added the bling on the flower centers as well as the journaling card at home. All other materials came from the buffet. Yes, I actually painted a few chipboards in the event. I just did one batch with a few pieces (some swirls and butterflies) and decided later on that it's too time consuming so I didn't do it again. The head of the deer was adhered with foam adhesives for a bit of dimension while the legs were wet glued to the page such that only the head was lifted.

The third layout is my favorite in the batch. It was a very simple layout but I think the colors were perfectly coordinated to match the photo and the nature theme. My favorite element is the tag which I distressed and stamped on. I used an abaca-looking twine to match the nature theme. I just inked the butterfly chipboard and stamped on it using Perfect Pearls. The title was cut from green cardstock using Cuttlebug Dies.

Here's the detail on the butterfly. I added the bling and wrote the journaling at home. See that embossed vellum under the title? It's so pretty!!!


My fourth layout is an 8 x 8 which I made as part of our despedida gift for Cookie. I was not able to take a photo of it because I gave it to Cookie that same day. Anyway, I asked her to take a pic and send me the file so I can post it here. Will share as soon as I get it. :D

Meanwhile, here's the last layout which I did about 15 minutes before we packed up. I used a photo of Ariel while snorkeling. It's very quick and simple page actually. I wrote the journaling at home so I just left that journaling block blank during the event. The paisley print on the patterned paper was cut and used to depict water or waves.

Here's a closer look on the "waves". I mounted two of them on foam adhesive for dimension.

And here are the cards I made using scraps. I used the Sassafras paper scraps ont his first one.

Here I used the butterfly shapes which I cut out from the embossed vellum paper. I didn't bring sentiment stamps with me so the "a hello from me" sentiment was added at home. The flourish was stamped using Perfect Pearls. Ever since I watched Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking video, I've rekindled my love for Perfect Pearls, so they get to go with me on crop sessions again.

There you have it! All done in one day!

8 comments:

Jeff and Pia Lopez said...

Hey Alby! I super love your "scrap buffet" LOs! As in na-inspire mo ako to scrap!

Alby said...

Maraming salamat Pia! Huy, nami-miss na kita. Kelan ba tayo magkikita? Super busy yata kayo ni Jeff. :D Scrap tayo one Saturday!

mye said...

wow alby! these are pretty. i only saw your LO for the challenge kasi sobrang busy kakahabol ng layout hehehe...

gorgeous girl...hope i can scrap more with you ^_^

Candy said...

Your LOs and your cards take my breathe away, Alby! Your style marks each piece as a masterpiece! Gorgeous!!!

Christine said...

Alby, WOW! Those are beautiful pages and cards! Love all the designs :) It was great seeing you during the event. Hope to see you soon!

Alby said...

Awww...Mye and Candy, you're making me blush. Seriously, kakataba ng puso. Thanks for the kind words.

Ems said...

Ang dami output...love them all!

Jona Panesa said...

wow, Alby super ganda ng pages mo. also loved your favorite lay-out!