Alonely

Ariel left for Bangkok last November 9th. He returned November 16th. That was the longest time we've been apart. 7 nights.

There was a point in time when we had been considering work outside of the Philippines. At that time, we said if either one of us will be given the opportunity, that person will go and test the waters for six months. If things work out, the other one will follow six months after. In between, the one left behind can just visit regularly - maybe once a month.

Last week, I realized I cannot bear six months of separation. Not even with monthly visits.

I've noticed in the past that when Ariel is away, I find it difficult to sleep. I would toss and turn til the wee hours of the morning. It was the same last week, though a bit more difficult since I was sick. I had been taking medication which made me feel very sleepy but I still couldn't sleep.

We planned to text each other twice a day - in the morning and in the evening - and I would call just before bedtime. We ended up texting each other throughout the day. I missed him terribly. I'm used to hearing his voice throughout the day. Sigh.

Fortunately, by Thursday, I found a distraction. I fell in love with another guy. His name is Edward Cullen. :D

No comments: