Altered Jewelry Box

Here's a very quick weekend project. I've had this wooden box for years!

I keep forgetting to take a before shot. By the time I remembered, I've already painted two coats of acrylic. I sanded the box first before painting to smoothen the wood.


The first coating is sky blue. Then I painted white over it. I dabbed the white paint with sponge to give it a bit of texture and to let some parts of the blue paint show through.

Then, it's rub-ons galore! I almost used up an entire sheet of Fancy Pants Rub-Ons.
After applying the rub-ons, I sanded the surface lightly to give it a worn look. Then I adhered 3 layers of Prima flowers held together by a flower brad.

Here's the other side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowwww ! this is simply stunning :)
looove it :)

Liza said...

Love the altered box Alby! And what a great idea to use rub-ons!