Outdoor Fun!!!

Here is my entry to Visual Creation's Hambly challenge. I used one of my favorite photos, taken in 2005 when my hubby and I joined my cousins in a camping trip at Mt. Pulag. The photo was taken a few minutes into the trek to the campsite.


I used the mini graph and urban chic frames transparencies. I used the graph as a pocket and adhered it with stitches. The frame is trickier to adhere. I used small bits of glue dots to stick it to the photo.

I love Scenic Route's paper. The bird print on the kraft paper emphasizes the outdoor theme.


I added small Prima flowers for interest and texture. I stamped the title using MM's Paint Dabber - love the convenience it offers. Perfect for stamping! I outlined the stamped title for added definition.


I wrote the journaling on a piece of paper (Jenni Bowlin Black Ledger) enclosed in a folder (K&Co.) and inserted it into the pocket.

While this layout did not win, I am glad to have finally come up with a layout using a transparency. I have a couple of those at home and I am lost as to how to use them. So far, I've just used them in making cards but this is the first layout I've made using a transparency. That's already a big win for me!

You can check out the other entries here.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Finally, a new entry! haha!!! :)

I love how outdoorsy this page looks and how you were able to incorporate the Hamblys!