Studio Azul is COOL!!!

I didn't know about kits until I read about it at Scrapbytes. I wasn't interested until Mia and Tin started their own local kit club. I tried one - the Lady in Red kit - which I purchased during the PS EB last Sept. Well, here are the layouts I came up with using only the kit.

1) Batanes '06

I never imagined that black and red would work with my travel pics but I thought this one went pretty well. Actually, this first layout took the longest to complete. That's mainly because it's my first time to work with Jenni Bowlin papers. For this one, I used the Jenni Bowlin Vintage Black Branch, Vintage Red Tiny Dots and Black label papers, Gin-X Inconceivable paper, the shipping tag, the JB black label stickers, the ribbon, buttons, and thread. I added my own BG undressed chipboard which I painted with MM Paper Bag for the title.

I stamped the buttons with Staz-On and mounted them on foam tape to make them pop up. I encircled the number 5 in the Gin-X paper to signify the 5th anniversary trip. Love how this turned out!

2) Amazed

It's the first time I've used lace and I love it!!! I used the JB Vintage Black Vine, Vintage Red Tiny Dots, and Black label (a strip from what was left in the Batanes layout) papers for this one. I also used the Black Label sticker, and the 7 Gypsies Journal stickers, the flowers and one of the brads. Since the kit didn't include alpha chipboards or dies or stickers, I added my own Thickers (Black Felt Alphas) for the title. The picture was again taken at Batanes. The title Amazed represent my feelings at both how much I am happy with our 5 years of marriage, and at how beautiful Batanes is.

I chalked the flower to tie it with the red elements. Here's a closer look.

3) Love at 1st Bark

Finally, a layout about love! Puppy love, that is. Literally!!! I used the JB Vintage Red Floral and Vintage Black Ledger, plus a bit of the Gin-X Inconceivable (used as photo mat) papers leftover from the Batanes LO. I also used the felt here, cut using my Big Shot. Note the 7 Gypsies tab sticker at the lower-right edge of the photo (that also came with the kit). I added a bit of hardware and brads for the photo lift up action. For the title, I also used a bit of cardstock which I painted black (I don't have black CS!) before cutting.

I used a b/w photo of myself with Tutnik, an adorable dachshund I met in one of our roadtrips.
Here's a closeup of the journaling, visible when the photo is lifted up. Note the cutting action I made on the flower? I inked the edges to make it stand out against the ledger paper.


After all these, I still have 1 whole sheet of red and white patterned paper (Imagination Project), half of the JB Black Label paper, scraps of the Gin-X Inconceivable and Ledger papers, some felt, a full sheet of the Hambly Screen Prints, plus a lot of embellies. What am I to do? Why, make cards of course!!! I was able to make at least 5 6x6 Christmas cards.

Watch out for it in my next entry. :)

2 comments:

Tin said...

Hi Alby! Thank so much for using our kits and posting your wonderful LO's!!! Wala ako masabi, galing ng gawa mo :-) And the cards are ingenious! Totally love it!

Christine said...

WOW, Alby!!! You have done a marvelous job with your kit! I wish I could play with mine soon! :)