I've been TAGGED!!!

I was pleasantly surprised to get a message in my cbox from Christine telling me that I’ve been tagged. Now I must post the rules, write 7 random things about me, and then tag others to do the same.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves on their Blog. People who are tagged need to blog 7 facts about themselves and post the rules as well. At the end of their blog list 7 people you are tagging. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving them a comment.

Ok, these are my random facts. Hope this gives you a better glimpse of who I am.

1. Since high school, I wanted my first boyfriend to be the man I will marry some day. That is why I took my time and didn’t get into a relationship right away. I wanted to know myself well enough to decide who I want to spend the rest of my life with. He came when I was 23. I married Ariel, my first and only boyfriend, two years later. He is definitely worth the wait.

2. Before I got married, I did't own a TV set, nor a music player (radio or CD). I wasn't fond of watching TV nor of listening to music. I entertain myself with books or crafts (I used to do papier tole, candle-making, etc.). You can count my music CDs with the fingers of one hand (mostly gifts) and I only listen to them in the car. When we got married, our first three major expenses as a couple were - 1) a fully automatic washing machine (driven by necessity, otherwise we have to wash clothes by hand), 2) a TV set (hubby can't live without it!), and 3) a cable subscription (see reason to purchase number 2).

3. My all-time favorite subjects are Algebra, Geometry and Visual Arts (Photography, Painting, Sketching). Even now, I still enjoy solving Algebra problems during my leisure time (what a nerd!). In college, all my free electives are photography subjects (I used to print my own B&W photos). In high school, I enjoyed oil painting and sketching. These are the only subjects that I care about getting excellent grades. I just need to pass the other subjects, but for Math and Arts, I have to get the highest grades. One time, in our geometry exams, I felt so bad getting half a point less than perfect. I got the answer right but my formula was wrong. :(

4. I graduated from college without ever being in a bar, disco, concerts, or other gimmick places most college students (that time) go to. Even now, my idea of a night out is a quiet dinner or movies with my hubby. I was already married when I attended my first concert, and only because my hubby (who is a night owl) pushed me to do so (never enjoyed noisy and crowded places). The only concert that I actually enjoy is that of Lea Salonga's. I'm a huge fan!

5. Even if most people I know probably won't believe me, I will say this anyway. I am a very shy person. I don't like walking into a room filled with strangers. The first thing I'd do when I walk into a crowded room is to look for someone I know. Otherwise, I'd stay in one corner and not talk all day, unless someone comes up to me and talk to me first. But among friends, I tend to talk loud and fast. I am actually very friendly, I just don't feel comfortable taking the first step.

6. Since I am very shy, I don't like attending parties. Any type. Kiddie parties, debuts, weddings, birthday parties, Office parties, etc. I wasn't able to escape my junior prom, but I skipped our senior prom. I opted to celebrate my 18th birthday with a few friends. I would skip our company parties if I can. I would have preferred a wedding by the beach with our immediate family but we opted for the circus to please our families (it's the first wedding on both sides).

7. My hubby gifted me with a yellow lab one Christmas. I named her Charlotte. She was followed by a miniature dachshund whom I named Carrie. Then came my Jack Russel Terrier mix, the first male, whom I named Harry. Lastly, just this year, a Japanese Spitz joined our family and I named her Samantha. I hope our next one's a girl so I can name her Miranda. Get the drift? I love Sex and the City!!! Harry is Charlotte's husband in the TV series. I would have named my boy Big, except that he is actually small.

There you go! Now I've got to tag 7 others. But hey, it's not easy! It's fun though, so try it! Consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi, Alby! Thanks for sharing facts/trivia about yourself :) It was fun reading them and knowing more about you